Tomato soup – Tomato soup recipe
Making tomato soup is so easy that it is one of my go-to easy soup recipes. The beauty of this soup is in its simplicity and its unique combination of healthy food and comfort food. This is perfect when you want something light.
So, let’s start making this simple and healthy tomato soup.
Serving: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15-20 min
- 7-8 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 carrots roundels
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee or butter
- 5-6 black peppercorn/Kali Mirch
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced
- 3 clove garlic/lahasun finely chopped
- 2 slice bread
- 2 inch celery(optional) finely chopped
- some basil/tulsi leaf(optional)
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker/pan heat the oil and ghee. Add a bay leaf to it.
- Further, add the onion, celery, basil, and garlic to it and saute until tender.
- Also, add the carrots and saute it for 1 more minute.
- Furthermore, add the tomatoes to the pan, add salt and black peppercorn.
- Saute for 3-4 min. Now pour a 2 cup of water and cover the cooker/pan and cook till tomatoes have broken down and are soft.
- Now strain the mixture through a strainer and reserve the liquid.
- Remove the bay leaf from residue and allow it to let cool down.
- After cool down blend it to very nice smooth puree.
- Take the puree on pan add the reserved liquid and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, adjust the salt and add the crushed black peppercorn if required.
- Take the soup to a bowl and serve hot.
ENJOY a healthy hot bowl of tomato soup 🙂 and to try out other hot beverages click here
- I am using the carrot as a thickener here, but you can easily replace that with the rice or potato. Just add them after sauteing the onions.
- You can add bread croutons or cream to the soup before serving it.
- If you want very smooth soup then you can filter it after grinding.
So please do try this simple tomato soup recipe and let me know your views in the comment box below.