Tomato Omelette – Eggless Omelette – Tomato Pancake
Today I am going to share a delicious vegetarian breakfast recipe i.e., tomato omelette. It does not have any eggs but still, we call it as omelet because of its visual appearance. This is the best recipe for when you have a busy or lazy day.
This eggless omelette is prepared with gram flour, semolina, tomato puree, finely chopped onion and other Indian herbs and flavors which comes out quite filling and healthy. You can make easy besan chilla even for snacks.
Preparation Time: 25-30 min
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cup Gram flour/Besan
- 1 cup semolina/Suji
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/Haldi
- coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/Jeera
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- oil/butter as required
- mint leaves/pudina
- Firstly, make a puree of tomatoes.
- Add suji and besan to the large bowl and add tomato puree little at a time so that no lumps are formed.
- Make the batter to the consistency of dosa batter. If you feel the batter is very thick, add water as required.
- Now add finely chopped onion, garlic, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, green chilies and cumin seeds to the mixture.
- Once the mixture gets ready, cover and keep it aside for 10-15 min to rest.
- After 10-15 mins, the batter is ready to make omelets.
- Further, heat a pan or tava on medium flame and brush the oil on it.
- Pour the batter into pan and then spread it lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Let it cook for a minute or two and then flip it over to another side.
- Cook the tomato omelet till both sides are cooked nicely.
- Finally, transfer pancake to a plate and serve hot with ketchup or coriander mint chutney or pudina chutney
So friends try this simple and tomato omelet recipe and let me know your views below in comment box. Please do try other breakfast recipes
- If you don’t want to puree the tomato you can even finely chop them and put in the mixture of besan and semolina. It is even called as besan chilla.
- The more you soak the batter the tastier and fluffier the omelets come out so if you have time you can soak the batter 30min to 1hr.