Tomato Curry Recipe – tomato ki Sabji – tomato curry for chapati
When I use to stay in a room with my friends in a week at least 3-4 times we use to make tomato curry. Also, this is the curry, with which you will never get bored off and I am sure most of the bachelors out there tomato curry/chutney is their savior. You can eat this curry with chapati, roti or even with rice.
So let’s start making this finger-licking tomato curry.
Preparation Time: 10-15 min
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chili slit
- 1/2 mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tsp roasted peanut powder (optional)
- 1 tsp urad dal/split black gram
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Firstly, heat the pan, put oil, once oil is heated put cumin and mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start spluttering add urad dal and fry till they turn into light golden.
- then add garlic, asafoetida, curry leaves and chilly.
- Further, add chopped onion and saute it till onion turns into slight pink.
- Furthermore, add tomatoes and cover it for 2-3 min once the tomato turns soft and mushy. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste.
- Finally, add the water and cook for another 2 min. At the end add roasted peanut powder and switch off the flame.
Note: adding peanut powder is optional, curry tastes yum without that also but adding it is like “Sone Pe Suhaga”.
So guys please try this tomato curry recipe and let me know how did you like it.