Thecha Recipe – Mirchi Thecha – Hari Mirch ka Thecha – Green chili and Garlic Chutney
Like my other recipes, Today I am here with one more quickest, simple and tasty chutney called Mirchi Thecha. Hari Mirch ka Thecha is a regularly made chutney in my house. My mom makes Mirchi Thecha traditionally in mortar-pestle (Kootan/Masala Moosal) but we can also make this in a mixture grinder. This is the spiciest variety of Maharashtrian condiment which is also very famous across many states in India like UP, Rajasthan, and parts of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh etc.
You can eat this chutney with chapati, roti or rice. But in Maharastra, this chutney is famously served as a side dish with snacks like Moong Dal Pakoda, vada pav etc.
Again as like other recipes, we can make this delicious green chili and garlic chutney in various ways. I am here with the most elaborated but still the quick Thecha recipe. Also, I am giving optional steps how you can alter the chutney according to your taste and time constraint. So friends please do try this recipe and let me know your views in the comment section below.
Serving: 1 bowl
Preparation Time: 10-12 min
- 10 green chilies
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp oil
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 5 tsp roasted peanuts (optional)
- Firstly, heat an oil in the pan, put green chilies, cumin seeds, and garlic.
- Fry it on low medium flame for 2-3min or till they become soft and you see brown spots on them.
- (optional)Also, add the roasted peanuts and fry it for 1 more minute.
- Now let the fried items cool down for some time and then take them into grinder jar.
- Put salt and grind the chutney coarsely.
- (optional)In the same pan take the chutney and on low flame fry it for a minute or two.
- Finally, the chutney is ready to serve.
So, friends, I hope enjoyed this Hari Mirch ka Thecha. Please do try my other chutney recipes and let me know your views.
- If you don’t want to add roasted peanut then you can skip the step 3.
- Step 6 is optional but I prefer frying my chutney again because it gives a different taste altogether to our chutney.
- If you feel the chutney is too spicy, then you can add 1 tsp of lemon juice while grinding the chutney.