Thai Pineapple Fried Rice – Vegan Fried Rice
This pineapple fried rice recipe was inspired by a meal at Peppercorn here in Sydney. I really love the combination of the sweetness of pineapple and spiciness of Thai spices. Also, this rice could be made with leftover cooked rice and very simple to make it.
Also, this is a very delicious, quick and healthy rice recipe which comes together very quickly. So, make sure your ingredients are ready to go before you get started.
Do try these delicious recipes and let me know how it turns out for you in the comments!
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 carrot julienned (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4-5 green beans roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted whole cashews
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
Direction to make Thai Pineapple Fried Rice:
- Firstly, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot enough, add 2-3 teaspoon oil.
- Then, add onions and saute for a 1-2 minute,
- Further, add garlic, carrot and beans, bell pepper and saute for 3 minutes.
- Also, add cooked rice, season with the curry powder and the soy sauce.
- Furthermore, reduce the heat to low and next, add the pineapple, the peas, and the cashews and raisins.
- Finally, season with salt, black pepper, and if using red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined.
- Also, garnish with fresh cilantro on top and serve. Enjoy!
Note: If you wish to you can add 100-150 gm fried tofu to the rice which enhances the taste and makes it more healthy.