Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Pudding – Chia Seed Recipes
These tiny little seeds are nutrient dense and have a texture kind of little poppy seeds or sesame seeds. They have more antioxidants than blueberries, more omega 3s salmon and more calcium than milk and just 2 tbsp of chia seeds packed nearly 5gms of protein. That’s why Chia seeds are a staple for those of us in the health and wellness space, but I know there are a ton of people out there who haven’t tried them yet. The one benefit of getting into chia seeds now is that they’re super accessible and almost all grocery stores carry them. In the market, you can find white and black chia seeds and they both have the same nutritional value. And because they have this unique ability to swell up and absorb water they make a great thickener which makes them the ideal base for pudding.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp mashed banana
- 2-3 tbsp diced strawberry
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
Direction for Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Pudding:
- Take 1/2 a cup of unsweetened almond milk, add 2 tbsp of chia seeds and honey or maple syrup or any sweetener of choice (optional).
- Then, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Further, add vanilla extract, mashed banana, and 2 tbsp of strawberry and mix well.
- Finally, let it soak for an hr in room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Spoon the pudding into desired serving dish and top with sliced bananas and diced strawberries.
- Enjoy the very delicious and healthy strawberry banana chia seed pudding!
Note: Instead of unsweetened almond milk you can use unsweetened coconut milk which is rich in flavor and gives a silky texture to your pudding.