Rice Kheer Recipe – Chawal Ki Kheer Recipe – Rice Pudding – Indian Rice Pudding
- 1-liter full-fat milk
- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- 5-6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp soaked and sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
- 1 tbsp raisins
- pinch of saffron
- First of all, rinse the basmati rice and soak it in enough water for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy wide pan pour 1-liter full-fat milk.
- Then let milk come to boil on low to medium flame. Stir at intervals so that the milk doesn’t stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Once the milk comes to boil, drain all the water from the soaked rice and add it to the boiling milk.
- Further mix well and cook rice on low flame.
- Cook the rice till half cooked, then, add 5-6 tbsp sugar. You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
- Furthermore, continue to cook rice on low-medium flame. Keep stirring at intervals. Simmer till the rice is cooked.
- At last, add cardamom powder, almonds, cashews, and saffron dissolved milk. Mix well.
- Now again mix well and continue to cook on low flame till the rice kheer thickens and till the rice grains have completely cooked.
- Once the rice is completely cooked, switch off the flame and add raisins.
- Finally, mix well and pour the rice pudding in serving bowls.
- Serve this delicious Chawal ki kheer hot or warm or chilled. and Enjoy!!
Note: If you wish to you can add rose water at step 10 to add more flavor to the pudding