Ragi malt recipe – How to make Ragi health drink – Ragi porridge recipe – Ragi malt for babies – Raji Kanji – Ragi sweet porridge recipe – Nachni recipes
Ragi is a whole grain that is gluten-free and a staple in South India. It is rich in fiber that helps with weight loss and diabetes. Also, it is rich in protein and minerals so, this health drink is a great recipe for babies and also, it helps in reducing the body heat. This is a superfood if you are suffering from mouth ulcer, indigestion or constipation.
Here, I am sharing the sweet version of Ragi malt or health drink or ragi porridge which is prepared using finger millet flour, Jaggery/Gud, and milk. Ragi health drink is a very easy, tasty and healthy recipe. Click here if you are looking for a salty version of ragi porridge or ragi ambli recipe.
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Ingredients: (measuring cup used = 240ml)
- 3 tbsp ragi/finger millet flour
- 2 tbsp jaggery/Gud (adjust as per your taste)
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup milk
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- dry fruits of your choice(optional)
- 1tbsp of ghee(optional)
Instructions for making Ragi malt:
- Firstly, in a small cup take 3 tbsp of ragi flour.
- Then, by stirring, dissolve ragi millet flour in half cup water.
- Make sure there are no lumps. keep aside.
- Now, in a pan boil 1 cup water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add in dissolved ragi flour.
- Also, keep stirring continuously on medium-low flame.
- After a few minutes(approx. 6-7 min) the mixture thickens and turns glossy.
- Further, add jaggery.
- Stir until the jaggery dissolves completely and turns creamy.
- Further, add 1 cup milk and mix on low flame.
- Furthermore, add a pinch of cardamom powder, ghee, and nuts, and mix well.
- Finally, serve hot ragi malt/ragi porridge.
- You can skip adding jaggery if serving for diabetic patients.
- Add more jaggery if required.
- Adding ghee and nuts are totally optional.