Pineapple Kesari bath recipe – How to make ananas Kesari bath – Pineapple Sheera recipe – Pineapple Shira Recipe – Instant sweet recipe – Quick dessert recipe
Pineapple is a very tasty and very healthy fruit. I love to eat Pineapple and I love to sip Pineapple juice. So today I am sharing a very famous and tasty sweet recipe from the Indian state of Karnataka i.e., Pineapple Kesari bath or ananas Kesari bath. Karnataka style pineapple Sheera is a very simple sweet recipe which is prepared using Rava, sugar, pineapple, and ghee.
Pineapple Shira is a common sweet or dessert prepared during festivals, special occasions, normal days and when there are sudden guests at home. In south Karnataka, pineapple Sheera is prepared for the breakfast during the weddings. Pineapple Shira is prepared for the breakfast as well and is served with Uppittu(Upma) in one plate and is popular as “Chow Chow Bath” and this combination, is served as breakfast in many south Indian eatery.
The Pineapple Kesari bath recipe is very similar to the plain Kesari bath. So you add pineapple to prepare pineapple Sheera, you add a banana to add banana Kesari bath and you add apple to prepare apple Kesari bath.
Ingredients to make pineapple Sheera:
- 1 cup medium Rava/sooji/semolina
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar(You can increase the quantity according to your taste)
- 4-5 tbsp ghee (add more for rich taste)
- A pinch of saffron or food color (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp milk – to make saffron milk.
- A big pinch of cardamom powder
- 5-6 cashews
- 6-7 raisins (optional)
- 3-4 cloves
Direction for making pineapple Shira:
- Firstly wash, peel and finely chop the pineapple and keep it aside.
- Then heat 1tbsp of ghee to a pan, add cloves and a cup of medium Rava and roast under medium flame until you get a nice aroma.
- Transfer the sooji to a plate. allow to cool down.
- Meanwhile, add 1tbsp more ghee to pan and roast cashews until golden and then add raisins and fry till they swell. remove in a plate and set aside.
- Now to prepare Pineapple Sheera, in the same pan and add in 2 tbsp of ghee and finely chopped pineapple chunks.
- Saute the pineapples for a few minutes.
- Once done, add 2.5 cups of water and get to the rolling boil.
- Keep the flame on low and slowly add suji little by little. keep on stirring continuously. make sure there are no lumps forming.
Further, add a half cup of sugar and give a good stir.
Furthermore, add cardamom powder and fried dry fruits. stir well.
Finally, add 3 tsp of saffron milk and give a good stir. (optional)
lower the flame. cover and cook until all the water evaporates.
pineapple Sheera tastes great when served hot. It also tastes good when served warm or cold.