Shenga Hindi recipe | How to make peanut chutney powder | North Karnataka style Shenga chutney Pudi
Whenever people talk about North Karnataka food the first and foremost thing that comes to people’s mind is Jowar roti and peanut chutney powder or very famously know as Shenga Hindi/Shenga Chutney Pudi. This is a very popular chutney powder or chutney Pudi recipe in north Karnataka and is famously served along with Jowar roti. But that’s not it! This chutney powder is so versatile side dish that goes with almost anything! Like chapati, roti, rice, dosa & even with Uppit and it can be stored for a long time.
For bachelors, peanut chutney powder is a life saver. When I don’t feel like cooking variety of food but want to eat something tasty I just enjoy this chutney powder along with hot rice and ghee. Hmm… It is such comfort food and Of course not to mention the protein that one gets via the peanuts!
This Shenga Hindi or peanut chutney powder is prepared using peanut, red chili powder, garlic, cumin seeds, sugar, and salt. So isn’t it a simple recipe with simpler ingredients.
So make this very quick and tasty chutney powder and ENJOY!!
Also, enjoy my other chutney recipes here and please don’t forget to leave your views below in comment section.
Serves: 1 cup
- 2 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder, according to your needs
- salt as per taste
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- pinch of sugar(optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Take a frying pan and heat it. Add in peanuts and start roasting them on a low-medium flame.
- Keep Roasting until peanuts turn brown and crispy. Please note, roasting peanuts properly on low-medium flame is very important. Once done switch off the stove
- Once peanuts are cool down take out the skin. (optional)
- Now transfer the roasted and skinned peanuts in a grinder, along with peanuts add cumin seeds and peeled garlic chili powder salt and sugar.
- Dry grind all the ingredients using pulse mode and make it a coarse powder.
- Adjust the salt, sugar, and chili as per your taste.
- Peanut chutney powder is ready to serve. You can store it in an airtight container.
- To enhance the flavor you can also add tamarind, curry leaves, Hing or dry coconut.
- Some people add a little oil or ghee while grinding so as to get the required texture.
Below is the step by step video for peanut chutney powder