pav bhaji – how to make pav bhaji recipe – pav bhaji recipe
Pav bhaji is the most iconic street food from Mumbai and also famous in entire India. Today I am sharing a home-style pav bhaji. This is a spicy buttery blend of mix veggies served with soft buns. Pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetable cooked with spice powder.
To try my other snack recipes like Dal Vada, Corn Chaat, Spicy Stir-Fry Cauliflower, oats snacks, Garlic-Sesame Stir-Fried ASPARAGUS, moong dal Pakode, Mexican Salad, masala peanuts. Try these tasty snacks recipes and enjoy it with a cup of masala tea. Also, try Peanut chutney powder recipe.
Serving: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 30 min
Ingredients for Bhaji:
- 1 cup potatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped(optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tbsp 0f butter
- 1/4 cup capsicum
- 1/2 cup beans
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- water as required
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- coriander leaves
Ingredients for toasting Pav:
- 5-6 Pav/Buns
- 4 tbsp butter for toasting pav
- 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala powder
Ingredients for garnishing pav bhaji:
- 1 Lemon wedges
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Preparation for bhaji:
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker add potatoes, beans, carrots, peas, and cauliflower.
- Further, pour water to partially cover them. Let it whistle for twice or thrice and cook them until all veggies are cooked fully.
- Once the pressure comes down mash all the vegetables and keeps it aside.
- Then, heat 1 tsp of oil and 2 tsp of ghee/butter in pan.
- The, add finely chopped onion and saute until it turns slightly golden brown.
- Also, add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes out.
- Further, add the capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Then, add tomatoes and saute till they become very soft and mushy.
- Further, add Pav bhaji masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice, and salt.
- Furthermore, mix well and add the mashed vegetables.
- Further, add water as required and boil it for 3-4 minute.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves and our Bhaji is ready
Preparation for pav:
- Firstly, slit the buns horizontally leaving one edge intact.
- Further heat butter on a pan. Open the buns and sprinkle some pav bhaji masala powder on butter.
- Finally, place the bun and roast both the sides for a minute or two.
Finally, serve pav and bhaji with some chopped onion, coriander, lemon wedges and a dollop of butter.
- Add vegetables of your choice for more nutrition
- If you wish to, add Kasuri methi at the end to a bhaji.
Do try this delicious pav bhaji and let me know your views in the comment section below.