Maharashtrian Style Kadhi – Buttermilk Kadhi – Kadhi Recipe
Kadhi or Karhi is a very famous Indian dish. It consists of a thick gravy based on chickpea flour and sour yogurt. People from the different region make it in a different way like Sindhi’s add veggies to Karhi whereas, in northern India, pakoras are added to the chickpea gravy and sour yogurt to add flavor to it. They are eaten either with boiled rice or roti or paratha.
Today I am going to share a Maharashtrian style Kadhi. I enjoy this delicious soup, especially in winter. Please do try this recipe and let me know your views below in comment section.
Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 cup sour yogurt/curd
- 1 1/2 tsp besan/gram flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp crushed ginger garlic
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 glass water
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take curd in a bowl, add besan to it and mix well so that no lumps are there.
- Also now add water and stir well.
- Further add turmeric, green chili, crushed ginger garlic, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and keep it aside.
- Firstly, now heat ghee in the pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds start to splutter add curry leaves.
- Pour one scoop of batter and close the lid for 3-4 sec.
- Further, add one more scoop of batter and give it a nice stir.
- furthermore, pour the entire batter that we prepared and keep stirring continuously till it starts boiling.
- If required adust water and salt at this stage.
- Boil for 2-3 min and switch off the flame.
- Finally, add chopped coriander and kadi is ready to serve.
Note: It is very important to keep stirring otherwise the batter would break into chunks.
Below is the step by step recipe for Maharashtrian style Kadhi.