Kaju Katli recipe – Kaju Barfi Recipe – How to make Cashew Fudge recipe
Believe me, when I say this Kaju Katli recipe or Kaju Barfi recipe is the easiest and quickest sweet you could ever make. I can say this so confidently because I have made this recipe for the first and it came up so well that it got over in just 2 days.
I have tried many methods to make Kaju Katli and but today I am sharing my favorite method which is very easy, tasty and has a touch of homemade sweets. You can also try my other sweet recipes here
Serving: 15 slices
Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 cup cashew/Kaju
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 petals of saffron/Kesar
- 5 tsp water
- 1 tsp milk (optional)
- Take the cashew nuts in mixture grinder and start to grind it as finely as possible. Make sure not to overrun else the powder will turn into oily and lumpy.
- Once the cashew powder is ready, take a pan on the stove to make a sugar syrup.
- Put sugar and water in the pan. Add the saffron.
- Cook it till the sugar melts out. When you start seeing large bubbles that’s when our syrup is ready.
- Lower the heat and add the cashew powder.
- Mix well the sugar syrup and cashew powder.
- Cook the mixture till the whole mixture starts to come together and it becomes a mass.
- Take a big thick plastic and take the mixture on this and start kneading it with the help of plastic. Make sure you are not putting your hands into the dough as it is very hot and you might hurt yourself.
- If you feel the mixture has become very dry you can add a spoon or two spoons of milk. This is totally an optional step.
- Knead the dough again firmly so that it becomes smooth and crackle free.
- Once the dough is ready, cover it with the plastic/butter paper/aluminium foil.
- Take a rolling pin and start rolling the dough evenly to the thickness as you desire.
- Let it sit for few minutes and later take a sharp knife and start cutting it into square or diamond shapes.
- Gently remove the Kaju Katli and it is ready to serve.
- You can store this in an airtight container.
So Friends, please do try this Kaju Katli recipe and let me know your views in the comment section below. Try my other sweet recipes here
- If you wish to you can add a tsp of cardamom powder to the sugar syrup.
- If you want little lighter and smoother Kaju Katli you can add 4-5 tsp of milk powder to cashew powder and mix it well before adding to the sugar syrup. This also gives a brighter color to your Kaju barfi.