Potato Curry – Aloo ki sabzi
Today I am sharing the simplest version of potato Curry – Aloo ki sabzi, which you can eat with dosa, chapati or sandwich. Also, you can make chapati or roti roll with this and give it in a lunch box for kids. There are a lot of variations in making the potato curry and today I am sharing the dry version.
Preparation Time: 10-15 min
- 3-medium potatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 green chili slit and cut into half
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/2 mustard seeds
- pinch of asafoetida/Hing
- 1tsp urad dal/split Black gram
- 1tsp chana dal/split Bengal gram
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes until they cooked/steamed properly and not mushy.
- Heat the pan, put oil, once oil is heated put cumin and mustard seeds,
- Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add urad dal, chana dal and fry till they turn into light golden.
- Further, add asafoetida, curry leaves and chilly.
- Add chopped onion and saute it till onion turns transparent.
- Further, add turmeric and salt and give it a mix.
- Furthermore, add potatoes and mash it very gently, mix all the ingredients together and cook for 2-3 min.
- Finally, at the end squeeze 2 tsp lemon juice and add coriander leaves and mix it well.
The tasty and super easy potato curry is ready you can eat this with dosa, chapati, rolls or sandwich. Please try my other curry recipes like Maharashtrian Kadhi, Tomato Curry and for many other curries too.
So guys please try this simple potato curry and let me know how did you like it.