Garlic Rice Recipe – How to make garlic rice – Easy garlic rice recipe – Bellulli Chitranna recipe – south Indian garlic rice recipe – Indian garlic rice recipe
Garlic rice is a very simple one-pot meal recipe prepared using rice, garlic, coriander leaves, and green chili. This garlic rice is very easy and very tasty. Garlic rice also called as Bellulli Chitranna, in Karnataka, is a perfect recipe to finish the leftover rice. It is full of garlic flavor and tastes too good.
Whenever you want to eat something very flavorful and quick one-pot meal then you must try this Bellulli Chitranna recipe. You can try this easy garlic rice in a fever when you don’t feel like eating anything. Also, please note adding lemon juice is optional and it is left to your choice.
I have posted many rice recipes like Puliyogare-recipe, Capsicum Rice, Corn Rice, mint rice, Curry Leaves Rice, Lemon rice, Tomato Pulao, tomato rice, and other rice recipes Please do try these recipes and let me know your views in the comment section below.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Ingredients: (measuring cup used= 240 ml)
- 1 cup cooked/leftover rice
- 12-15 garlic pods/Bellulli
- 1 – 2 green chili
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp groundnut or peanut
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal or Bengal gram dal
- a sprig of curry leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 crushed peppercorns(optional)
- Firstly, peel the garlic, finely chop the big ones and crush the smaller ones.
- At first, heat oil and ghee in a deep Kadai/pan and add in ground nuts and fry until they start crackling.
- When the groundnuts crackles, add in mustard seeds, gram dal, and urad dal. Fry until mustard seed splutters and dal turns brown.
- Further, add in slit green chilies, red chilies, and curry leaves. Give a quick mix.
- Furthermore, add in finely chopped and crushed garlic pods and fry until garlic turns crisp.
- Also, add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Finally, add in cooked rice, salt, ground pepper powder(optional), lemon juice(if adding) and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Finally, hot Bellulli Chitranna is ready to serve. You can serve this with papad.
Note: Adding lemon juice and peppercorn is optional.