corn pulao recipe – corn rice recipe – sweet corn pulao or rice recipe – how to make corn Pulav
In my blog, I have shared much variety of rice recipes but this corn pulao recipe being one of my favorites as this corn rice is very flavourful, juicy flavor of corn, fancy yet delicious. With the goodness and taste of corn, this one-pot corn rice recipe is fantastic for lunch box or dinner.
You can serve this corn pulao alone without any side dish but with a bowl of raita/plain curd, some papad or with any vegetable salad would compliment the meal. To try my other delicious rice recipes like Puliyogare-recipe, Capsicum Rice, mint rice, Curry Leaves Rice, Lemon rice, Tomato Pulao, tomato rice, and other rice recipes Please do try these recipes and let me know your views in the comment section below.
- 2tsp oil
- 1tsp ghee
- 1 bay leaf/Tej Patta
- 2 Star anise/Chakriphool
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 5-6 peppercorns/Kali Mirch
- 1 Dalchini/Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp of coriander powder
- 1tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup soaked rice
- 1.5-2cup water(Depending on the type of rice)
- salt as per taste
- 1 1/2tsp Jeera/Cumin powder
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2tsp chopped coriander leaves/Dhaniya Patta
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/Jeera
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- First of all rinse 1cup of rice well in water and then soak in enough water for half hr.
- After half an hr strain the rice well and keep it aside.
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker add 2 tsp oil and 1 tsp of ghee and let it heat.
- Further, add all the whole spices bay leaf, star anise, cardamom, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves and allow them to crackle.
- Furthermore, add thinly sliced onion and fry till they turn brown.
- Also, add the ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Furthermore, season with all the following spices- jeera powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala.
- Stir well and add fresh/frozen sweet corn and soaked rice.
- Even more gently stir and mix rice with all the ingredient.
- Also, add the 1.5-2 cups of water depending on the type and quality of the rice.
- Also, season with salt as per taste
- Finally, Cover and pressure cook corn rice on a medium flame for 2 whistles or 10-15 minutes.
- So, when the pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid.
- Finally, gently fluff the corn rice. Garnish the corn pulao with coriander leaves.
- Serve the Corn Pulao with raita.
So please try out this corn pulao recipe and let me know your feedback in the comment section below. To Try my other Delicious rice recipe please click here.