coconut chia seed pudding – coconut milk and chia seed pudding
These tiny little seeds are nutrient dense and have a texture kind of little poppy seeds or sesame seeds. They have more antioxidants than blueberries, more omega 3s salmon and more calcium than milk and just 2 tbsp of chia seeds packed nearly 5gms of protein. That’s why Chia seeds are a staple for those of us in the health and wellness space, but I know there are a ton of people out there who haven’t tried them yet. The one benefit of getting into chia seeds now is that they’re super accessible and almost all grocery stores carry them. In the market, you can find white and black chia seeds and they both have the same nutritional value. And because they have this unique ability to swell up and absorb water they make a great thickener which makes them the ideal base for pudding.
I have already shared a strawberry and banana chia seeds pudding. Today I am sharing coconut chia seed pudding which is in which we are going to use coconut milk which is lactose-free and a good source of fiber, magnesium, iron and vitamin c.
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Firstly, in a bowl take coconut milk.
- Then, add honey, chia seeds and give it a nice mix.
- Further, add a tablespoon of toasted coconut and keep the remaining coconut for garnishing.
- Finally, let it soak for an hr in room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Spoon the pudding into the desired serving dish and garnish with few chia seeds and coconut.
- Enjoy the very delicious and healthy coconut chia seed pudding!