Capsicum Rice recipe – Capsicum Pulao recipe – Capsicum Masala Rice – Bell Pepper Rice – Bell Pepper Bath – Rice recipes
Capsicum aka bell peppers are a delicious vegetable which contains vitamins A and C. It is a low-calorie vegetable which can be consumed either in raw or in cooked form. You can use green, red, orange or yellow color capsicum to prepare this dish.
Capsicum pulao/bell pepper bath is very easy and quick dish, especially if you have the leftover rice. You can make the capsicum masala powder and store it. So whenever you want to cook a quick dish, you can make this capsicum rice.
Capsicum cooks fast and if you have the masala powder ready and mixing it with rice is like 10 to 15 minutes work. You have this wonderful tasty rice dish ready for any meal and great for lunch box.
I have posted many rice recipes like Puliyogare-recipe, Capsicum Rice, Corn Rice, mint rice, Curry Leaves Rice, Lemon rice, Tomato Pulao, tomato rice, and other rice recipes Please do try these recipes and let me know your views in the comment section below.
Ingredients for masala powder:
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 2 tbsp peanuts / groundnuts
- ½ tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tsp sesame seeds / til
- 4-5 dried Kashmiri red chili
Ingredients for Capsicum Rice:
- 1 cup cooked/leftover rice
- 2 tbsp oil/butter
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/rai
- few curry leaves / kadi patta
- ½ tsp turmeric / Haldi
- 1 medium sized onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup capsicum/bell pepper(green, yellow, red) thinly sliced
- ½ tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Direction For Capsicum Pulao Recipe:
- Firstly heat the pan, add peanuts and dry roast on low flame until the skin separates.
- Further, add chana dal, urad dal, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and dried red chilies.
- On low flame dry roast all the spices till they turn aromatic.
- Now cool down all the spices completely and powder them coarsely and keep it aside.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds and hing. Then add channa dal and urad dal.
- Fry it until it turns a golden brown color.
- In the same pan add the oil/butter. I like to use oil and butter 1 tbsp each.
- Further, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add curry leaves and saute slightly.
- Additionally, add the onions and saute till they turn slightly golden brown.
- Now sliced bell pepper, and saute well till they shrink slightly.
- Furthermore, add garam masala, turmeric powder, prepared capsicum masala powder and salt.
- Saute for a minute or till the spice powder turn aromatic.
- Further, add cooked/leftover rice and mix well.
- Now cover the lid and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes till the rice absorbs masala.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this Capsicum rice with raitha or just as it is.